Do you want to be a part of an exciting and dynamic ministry opportunity? Check out the current job opportunities listed below.
Job Posting: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Job Title: Operations Director
Reports to: Assistant Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Winkler, MB
Company Description: Winkler Bible Camp is a Christian Camp that exists to extend the Kingdom of God and is focused on children and youth. In addition to running a summer camp program for 2000+ campers, we also host outdoor education for school groups, company picnics & banquets, weddings, church retreats, and more! Through everything we do, we seek to bring glory to God and draw others closer to Him!
Job Purpose: To provide a safe, functional and beautiful site for all guests to enjoy by overseeing all maintenance and site staff and tasks.
Key Job Functions:
Oversee the Maintenance and Site Teams
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks for the maintenance and site teams through regular meetings and follow up.
- Train seasonal team in their assigned tasks as required.
Maintain a high level of safety, functionality, and beauty across all facilities and grounds.
- Insure all facilities are kept in good repair, acting proactively when possible.
- Maintain an exceptionally clean and well kept site, including but not limited to lawn mowing and trimming, tree planting, garbage disposal, building organization and cleaning etc.
- Insure all safety codes are met and safety procedures are kept up to date.
- Oversee the spring and fall clean up, and annual winterizing of site.
- Plan ahead and preventatively maintain all facilities & site areas, preventing potential issues before they arise.
- Steward all supplies, tools and finances exceptionally well, understanding everything comes as a donation and requires wise management.
Be a Team Player
- Participate in weekly all-staff meetings.
- Participate in weekly manager meetings.
- Participate in all fundraising events throughout the year.
- Assist in the preparation of each ministry season (summer camp, rentals, outdoor education).
- Respond quickly and effectively when managers submit work requests or present issues.
- Participate in long-term site planning along with executive leadership.
- Other requests as outlined by the executive leadership team.
Skills, Attributes and Experience required:
- Hard worker with a servant-leadership mindset.
- Strong managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive disposition and creative problem solver
- High level of attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent time management skills and self-driven worker.
- Past experience with general facility maintenance, construction, landscaping, heavy and light equipment operation, and following safety policies.
- Enjoy working with and teaching youth/young adults site work skills
- Personal values that match Winkler Bible Camp’s core values.
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Average technological proficiency including using google calendar, google drive, emails, task management apps (wunderlist, trello), text messaging apps (whatsapp), etc.
- Valid driver’s licence and clean driving record
- Ability to be on your feet for 4-6 hours at a time and participate in various site and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Winkler Bible Camp.