Winkler Bible Camp is committed to providing great service and seeing all opportunities that we have as a privilege to share the love of Jesus Christ through our actions, attitudes, and words, we must remain true to our Mission/Beliefs, our interpretation of the Holy Bible, and Winkler Bible Camp’s Code of Conduct.
While on any of our sites, we require all individuals, rental groups, campers, visitors, and staff to respect our Mission/Beliefs and our Code of Conduct. By signing the rental agreement, the rental contact person assumes all responsibility to convey the following Mission/Beliefs and Code of Conduct with those he/she is representing on behalf of the group. It is also agreed that the rental group will abide by the Code of Conduct and will not teach, promote, or practice anything that is in opposition to or is inconsistent with our Mission/Beliefs while on any Winkler Bible Camp owned or operated property.
Winkler Bible Camp’s Code of Conduct
While on Winkler Bible Camp owned or operated property, the group agrees to refrain from the following:
- Practicing, teaching, and/or promoting any religious practices contrary to or not in accordance with the “Our Mission” and “What We Believe” documents of Winkler Bible Camp
- Teaching, promoting or engaging in pre-marital or extra-marital sexual relationships
- Teaching, promoting or engaging in practices that contradict Winkler Bible Camp’s belief that marriage is only between one man and one woman as it is described in the Holy Bible
- Reading, viewing or possessing pornographic material
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages
- Use of profane or blasphemous language
- Smoking in any buildings or on the grounds other than in the designated smoking areas
- Littering, destruction of wildlife and/or nature, or hunting
- Allowing pets in/on any Winkler Bible Camp property
- Engaging in any behaviour contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
Participating in any one or more of the above-listed points will render the individual, and or guest group in breach of Winkler Bible Camp’s Code of Conduct. Consequences and actions due to a breach of the Code of Conduct will be at the discretion of the Executive Leadership of Winkler Bible Camp and will be based on the degree of undue hardship the breach has or may cause Winkler Bible Camp. Actions may include, but are not limited to: an individual and/or group being asked to leave the grounds and pay for all damages related to their actions, in addition to being required to fulfill all financial obligations (even if their stay is cut short due to a breach of our Code of Conduct).
- There is a minimum of 25 people per booking for an Outdoor Education booking and a minimum of 20 people per booking for all other rentals. Guest groups of less than the minimum may be allowed at the discretion of the General Director. Any rental under the minimum will still be charged for the minimum booking amount.
- Rentals include only the grounds, facilities, and/or services that are specified in the letter of confirmation. The host must approve any changes made during the guest group’s stay. Please note that any changes may affect the final billing.
- Winkler Bible Camp reserves the right to book more than one guest group at a time.
- Due to safety precautions for everyone involved, all groups must provide adult supervision at all times and in all sleeping quarters.
- While every precaution is taken for the safety and good health of everyone in our guest groups, the guest group’s representative’s signature on the guest group Agreement releases Winkler Bible Camp and it’s Directors, Team Members, and Volunteers from any liability in the event of an illness, accident, injury, or misfortune that may occur to any member of the group while on any property that is owned and operated by Winkler Bible Camp or going to or from any event or outing that is sanctioned by Winkler Bible Camp that is included in the group’s itinerary.
- The guest group is responsible for providing their own bedding, towels and toiletries.
- No pets are allowed on camp property. If anyone brings their animals/pets on the camp property they will be required to leave the animal in their vehicle or to find a suitable location off camp property for the animal for the duration of the rental.
First Aid + Medical Care
- Every guest group will be required to provide themselves with a first aid kit while on camp property. Winkler Bible Camp is not responsible for the administration of any medication to members of the guest group.
- All medication brought with a guest group must be kept in a secure location and out of reach of children. Exceptions to this policy include but are not limited to epi-pens and inhalers.
- Upon request, Winkler Bible Camp will provide a secure location for medication to be kept if required by the guest group. Group leaders will have 24hr access to this location.
- All guests will have access to our limited “Guest” Wi-Fi internet connection. There is no charge for Wi-Fi.
- Winkler Bible Camp does not provide any electronic devices to access the internet.
- A non-refundable security deposit is required to reserve the date and facilities requested. For any $1000+ rental, the deposit is $500. For any rentals under $1000, the deposit is $100. The deposit will be deducted from the total bill after the guest group’s stay.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Every effort will be made to notify groups that are booked for any/all changes.
- Payment in full is due three weeks after the date of billing.
- For rentals where rates are quoted per person, the group will be charged for 90% of the number of attendees stated on the Guest Group Agreement, or for the actual number of people that attend, whichever is greater.
- For rentals where a minimum number of attendees apply, the group will pay for the minimum number as stated on the Guest Group Agreement. If the minimum is not met, the group will be charged an adult rate in full-time attendance for each spot required to be filled to meet the minimum.
- If a cancellation occurs 61 days or more prior to the booked date, a full refund of any payment made (minus the deposit) will be issued.
- If cancellation occurs less than 60 days but more than 7 days prior to the booked date for reasons other than weather-related, the group will be charged 25% of the rental fees according to the Guest Group Agreement.
- If a cancellation occurs 7 days or less prior to the booked date for reasons other than weather-related, the group will be charged 75% of the rental fees according to the Guest Group Agreement.
- If cancellation occurs due to weather conditions, we will attempt to reschedule the booking. If both the guest group and Winkler Bible Camp do not agree upon a rescheduled date, all payment we have received (minus the deposit) will be refunded.
If you would like more information about booking, and to check for availability, email email@example.com or call 204-325-9519.